Sunday, July 12, 2009

9th Convocation of IIITB: A Bystander's Report

You rarely get such chance like this one. Attending a convocation of an institution where four of most successful persons of contemporary India -each of them whom have architected most recent achievement in India share the same dais and share their thoughts with upcoming generation.. I am talking about the 9th Convocation of IIIB ( International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore) which held today in instituter's campus just opposite Infosys, in Electronic city, Bangalore. I was nobody in the gathering- I was not a graduating student, nor was I a proud parent nor I was faculty who by default have a privilege to participate. In Drucker's word I was a Bystander. As a trainee for a month long e-learning course , I am staying here. But I was more than rewarded with a series of thought provoking speechs first by Dr. Madhavan Nayar, Chairman of ISRO who along with his team is leading the world in space technology. The next was Mr Asok Soota who built up an eminently successful enterprise Mindtree is less than a decades time. The third one was Mr N R Murthy who embodied entrepreneurial spirit in his creation of world known software service firm Inofsys. The last but not the least was Prof. Sadagopan who as a founding director of IIITB creating a world class institute in India where even foreign students are attending. He needs no better applause than one by Peter Drucker when he said " The graduates from IIITB as good as from any institution in world". We owe a lot to Director.

No comments: